on 24 March 2012
I bought this thermos as my daughter has decided to have lunch at school, and I needed a smallish compact thermos, but with a wider mouth for easy filling. This seems to be very sturdy. It all goes in the dishwasher. One tip: to fill it in the morning, I use one of those metal things that you can buy to fill jam pots - it's great and makes pouring the warm pasta into the jar much easier! The quantity isn't huge, but it does for my 12 year old daughter, together with some fruit - just right. For a big eater, it might not be quite enough. Don't forget to 'prime' the thermos by filling it with boiling water for at least 10 minutes with the lid on before using it for hot food. The spoon that comes with it is small but well made and very sturdy. A nice piece of kit.
Update: one year later- the flask is still going strong, and this is after regularly going through the dishwasher. The food still stays hot - my daughter says that her friends laugh when she opens the flask - steam comes out! The spoon is still perfect, and gets used too. I've just ordered another of these flasks for daughter no. 2, who also wants packed lunches. Now my only fear is that I might lose the rubber seal or that it might break (not that it looks like doing this at all - more likely I would remove it for washing and it would get lost). I'll start looking for replacement seals just in case. Don't want to be without these great flasks! Oh - I prime the flask with boiling water, and fill it with heated up food, at about 07:30 am. The food is still very hot at about 13:00. I've been asked NOT to pre-heat the flask when putting soup in, as then the soup is too hot to eat at lunchtime.
22 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?