I purchased two and plugged the first unit into a mains socket. Before I could plug in the USB to my iPod, it blew up - producing a loud bang and a 5cm flash of flame from the USB socket. The USB socket on the device is now black from the flame and it has left a black imprint of the shape of the unit on the mains socket where it was plugged in. This unit is not only faulty, but dangerous, and should not have been sold. On this occasion only the unit itself was damaged, but had it been connected to a device then injury or worse could have occurred. I will consider what action I take regarding reporting this to the Trading Standards Authority when I see the speed of action and response given by Amazon and cheap365, to whom this has now been reported. Update: Having supplied photographs of the fire damaged faulty unit to cheap365 and Amazon it has been confirmed I am being given a refund of the purchase price, however I remain concerned that this potentially dangerous device is still being openly offered for sale, despite its potential to damage equipment, cause physical harm to users and cause fire. I will update this review when I receive further information from Amazon's 'investigation team'.
95 people found this helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?