on 14 December 2013
Disclaimer: I know Zoe personally and she has reviewed one of my books in her previous role as a professional reviewer.

That aside, I'll be completely honest. I enjoyed the story a great deal. Zoe does a fine job of creating a psychopathic character that stays with you longer after the story. There's definitely room for more tales with this deranged clown.

With a short story there isn't always the scope to fully explore a character, but what we get is a really smart, affecting stab of horror that makes me want to read more of Zoe's work. Zoe does a good job of not over-writing description and keeps the plot moving and characterisation moving swiftly. There could be a little more conflict if I was to complain about anything, but there's always a balance to strike, and on reflection I think Zoe has got it almost spot on.

If you like vivid horror, this is well worth a read. Hopefully we'll see more of Zanno soon.
2 people found this helpful