on April 26, 2010
This is my fourth ipod since 2002..my 2nd gen died my u2 ipod drown and after another hard drive failed this time on my 80gb classic i really didn't set out to buy another apple mp3 player.I looked at the sony x series..the zune HD and the cowon s9.The oled screens looked great on these players but the fiddly user interfaces,the tiny capacities/per £ and the plasticky build quality on the cowon led me to the touch.I'm used to itunes..love coverflow and the sleek chrome and black glass ipod 3rd Gen touch woo-ed me.The LCD screen looks great even though it perhaps doesn't have the deep black depth contrast when viewing videos compared with oled screens but its a bigger screen than the others and i have to say it looks lovely.The processor in this has been improved too the wifi is lightening quick as is the recharge time and the sound quality is also better than i expected..better than the classic i had at least with a wider clearer sounding stereo field.I can voice-request an album or artist with the remote earbuds while on the move..check my emails and eBay auctions online as i'm leaving the house..watch online tv or a downloaded movie..play games..download iphone apps..use it as a filofax..its an alarm clock..its a jukebox.. etc etc.This thing doesn't have a hard drive to fail either..i think apple are phasing those out now.There are no moving parts in this ipod.

The only downs i can think of are the fact i still have to convert movie files to mp4 format and the screen looks like i need to invest in a quality case before something bad happens.Its like carying around a flat screen plasma in my pocket.Get one..they're a beautiful little gadget.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink