on 10 January 2010
Foreword
After owning every single Gran turismo game on the console, I'd been looking forward to this game since before the PSP was released and in my mind they sold the PSP with the promise of this game, originally called "Gran Turismo 4 Mobile".
Knowing that polyphony don't rush games, they take their time I knew that this game would be worth the wait.
I rarely play my PSP, I mean, why would I When I have a PS3?
But still I decided if ever I found myself on a bus or train this was the game to get to stop me from scratching my own eyes out with boredom.
Right onto the game, I went in with medium to high hopes and haven't been disappointed, I found out just before the game was released through IGN that there would be no career mode, I was slightly disappointed but still I brought it anyway.
The decision to not include a career mode is why many people moan about this game but if they sat down and thought about it, it doesn't really need a career mode.
Most people spend around 30minutes on a bus or train and to be honest the kind of races GT4 offered were too long most were Series races and took hours some of which 24 hours!
The game is designed to be picked up 1 or 2 quick races maybe a new car purchase and then put down, this way this game can last you ages without boredom.

Graphics
The graphics are amazing, don't expect Forza Motorsport or NFS Shift styled graphics after all it is the PSP, Pretty much the best graphics I've seen on PSP and the game runs at a very smooth 60 FPS. I would say the graphics on a par with GT4 (Which is an achievement for a PSP game).

Controls
The control and feedback from the cars is amazing, turn traction control off and you find yourself wrestling to stay on the track.

General
There are many tracks and cars and it's quite nice and easy to earn £1M to get that Ferrari when you eventually see Ferrari at your dealership.
Ad-Hoc mode is great and with Ad-Hoc party you can play friends all over the world.
The licences are back and it feels like a mini career mode after I'd completed a page of licences I got the credits rolling.
I've played the NFS's on the PSP and some other PSP games and to be honest there nothing to this, if you're a fan of the Gran turismo series and want to pick up and play every now and again, although at first you'll be hooked, this is the game for you.

Verdict

Pros
Great graphics
Great sound (for PSP anyway)
Excellent controls and feedback from the many cars
Good value for money like all Gran turismo games!
Great Ad-Hoc
Excellent ability to pick up and play and put down quickly unlike some PSP games without save points for ages.
Excellent choice of many different cars and tracks

Cons
No career mode (would have been nice for people without the bigger consoles)
No online mode to play random people
Takes a while to load

9/10

Fully recommended I had to think hard to write the cons, there just little niggles and don't really affect my enjoyment of the game.
What's this?