5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, Good Price., 28 Jun. 2014
This review is from: PolaTab Q10.1 16GB 10 inch Android 5.1 Tablet PC Octa Core GPU Quad Core CPU (4 x 1.3 Ghz) 1GB RAM Expandable to 48GB Twin Camera Capacitive Touchscreen 1024 x 600 Bluetooth HDMI Google Play - UK Brand, UK Service, UK Support (Personal Computers)
I Took a chance with this tablet.. I actually have 2 of them now. The reasons for 2..
It's fast, both in normal use and with its graphics in games.
Lots of features like HDMI out, micro sd slot, g sensor and ability to be charged from its normal port or the usb slot (need a 2amp usb charger though).
The WiFi on it is fast and the Bluetooth works well.
I have plugged into this tablet a 4 port USB hub and then ran both a full size keyboard and an optical mouse from the hub with no problems. A mouse cursor appears on the tablet screen, it's just like using a computer!
I have also plugged into it a USB stick and watched media from it. Also streamed movies from Netflix over the WiFi and from tethered WiFi mobiles with no problems.
The battery life while on Netflix on WiFi was over 4.5 hours. I still had about 25% battery life but not the time to sit for another movie to see if the last 25% drops fast like on some phones.

What's in the box....
UK 3 pin plug power charger for connection to the non USB power point on the tablet.
Micro USB adaptor so you can plug in standard USB devices (keyboard or mouse etc.)
USB cable ( micro USB at one end and standard connector at other) this is so you can connect the tablet to your PC to download or upload data / media.
Very basic setup book and the Tablet.

If I could improve anything with this fun, easy to use tablet it is the not very loud speakers on it.
If you are in a room that is not quite you may have trouble hearing it even on full volume. Add a case that covers the back and its even worse. Luckily the tablet has a headphone socket and Bluetooth so you can use those to connect in an external powered portable speaker and that problem is solved.

Problem 2 is the screen. If you look at the screen in portrait mode, the side viewing angle is not great. This is not that much of an issue as most of the time you will be using it in landscape. Which I find has no problems. The screen is OK. It's not Samsung or Apple quality but then again this is less that a quarter of the price. it is NOT made from gorilla glass or those high strength materials either. So invest in a proper screen protector else it WILL get scratched.

Problem 3 is that everything you install from Google play goes on the tablet storage and you have to go into the storage App list and tell it to move them to your SD card else you will run out of space fast.

I would happily buy this product for family or friends as a gift.. as I have done with the second one I bought.

I can't comment on the customer service of the company as I have not had to deal with them.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Jul 2014 13:57:12 BDT
Debbie says:
Thanks for an excellent and DETAILED review which has now led to me seriously thinking about buying one! :-)
A

Posted on 8 Jul 2014 13:41:24 BDT
How did you connect the mouse? is there a usb port to attach an optical mouse??

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jul 2014 09:47:34 BDT
Mauvias says:
The tablet has a mini USB port. In the box with the tablet is an adaptor you can plug into this port that enables you to connect any normal sized USB device. This adaptor only supports 1 device unless you buy a USB hub to plug into this adaptor. Something like this.DIGIFLEX 4 PORT SLIM & COMPACT USB MULTI HUB EXPANSION SPLITTER

Posted on 21 Jul 2014 10:34:12 BDT
A. McGowan says:
Am I being really daft? I can't see mentioned anywhere about whether it has a forward facing camera. I'm looking to order a fairly simple tablet for my mum who wants to use it for Skype. Does this have a forward facing camera?

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jul 2014 17:45:39 BDT
Mauvias says:
Thanks for pointing that out I can't believe I missed that in my review. So I will update my review. YES it has 2 cameras FRONT 1.3 mega-pixel and REAR 2 mega-pixel. The mega-pixel is not as high as some of the new smartphones but its good enough for skype and low resolution videos.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Aug 2014 18:47:44 BDT
Have you tried using UTorrent or similar to download torrent files

Posted on 1 Sep 2014 16:47:04 BDT
Gail B. says:
Your info has been very useful but I have a couple of questions I hope you may be able to answer: 1) Where is the USB port located on the devise? I have a Lenovo tablet which came with it's own keyboard cover (excellent) but when devise connected to this it covers up the USB port hence unable to connect any external devise, such as external hard drive or mouse, at same time - definitely a bad design fault! I see that you managed to use a multi port USB hub, which is an excellent solution so long as the USB port is located in a non-restrictive place. 2) I would be purchasing this devise for Turkish children who will be using it for education as well as recreation so will need to have access to Office Suite or similar software. Is this possible with this devise either through an app or software stored on external hard drive? Many thanks for your assistance.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Sep 2014 17:24:24 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Oct 2014 04:59:09 GMT
Mauvias says:
Hello, The mini usb port is on the same side as all the other ports and power on switch. The Right side. Although with screen rotation on it could be the left side but then the front camera would be in the bottom left as you look at the screen rather than the top right. As for the office software. I use Office suite 7 by mobisystems which is free from the google play store. The recent update has put adverts in it, but its free and also does pdf as well as Word and excel files. If you want to spend money there are probably better ones out there.. or you could just upgrade this one and it will remove the adverts. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Sep 2014 07:59:31 BDT
You don't mention screen resolution .. and neither does the advert. This makes me somewhat nervous as some cheap tablets have very poor resolution screens in an effort to keep the price down.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Sep 2014 00:55:14 BDT
I have just recently received this item. For the size of the screen and the price I would consider the quality excellent. I myself have A 27 inch Mac and in these circumstances I would be looking for top quality. At this moment I quite enjoy playing around and introduce myself to android, you can't go far wrong for the price. Brian
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›