Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now flip flip flip Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 11 January 2009
I got this DVD box in Chistmas and I must say, this box set is very well done. Along with Star Wars, Indiana Jones is my favorite movie saga.

Everyone knows what these films are all about.
My favorite is probably the first one, Raiders of the Lost Ark. It was just so entertaining and exciting, perfect would be the correct word to describe.
The Temple of Doom was very good as a movie too, but if I had to choose the "worst" Indy film, it would probably be the Temple of Doom (though I really enjoyed it) since I didn't like the darker theme that much.
Last Crusade was very close to the Raiders when it comes to quality, and it's my second favorite of the Indy films. And the humour was hilarious, I laughed about half the time of the movie. Connery and Ford are just perfect together.
Many have said that Crystal Skull is a weak Indy film, but I really loved the whole movie. There are also a couple of surprises in the movie and dammit, Harrison Ford's performance was just as good as in the original Indy films! You just have to give some credit to a man who still does, in his sixtys, something like this.

The quality of the films is great. I don't have anything bad to say about the picture and sound quality. The box art is very nice too.

The special features are very interesting, but it's kind of strange they didn't include the Bonus Features disc from the 2003 Indy box for this one. There are about 30 minutes of bonus features and some photo galleries for each of the original Indy films.
It was a very big plus they put a two-disc edition of Crystal Skull in this box set, as the bonus disc for Crystal Skull has several hours of bonus features.

If you already have the 2003 box set, you should just buy the two-disc edition of Crystal Skull, but if you don't have these movies already on DVD, go ahead! These movies are a piece of film history. Steven Spielberg did a great job directing these, and let's not forget George Lucas, who is the creator of Indy, and the executive producer of these films.
17 people found this helpful