Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Explore Subscribe & Save across Household brands Shop now Learn more Learn more Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

30 May 2013
This book documents Rob England's view of how IT organizations should respond to incidents/problems/changes/requests/events or anything else that needs a managed response.

Rob argues that there are two distinct types of response, standard for predictable things that can be managed by following a process, and case for things that are complicated, complex or chaotic. He explains the different approaches very clearly and shows how using the combination of Standard+Case can lead to improved service.

Reading Plus! The Standard+Case Approach reminded me of when I first read the ITIL books nearly 20 years ago. Yes, I thought, of course, this is exactly what really good IT organizations do to manage things. We pretend that we follow processes, but in reality there are many exceptions and trying to force these to fit a process model leads to poor service and dissatisfied customers.

I will be using many of Rob's ideas as I work with my customers to help them improve their approach to IT service management, and I recommend that you do the same.

Stuart Rance (Author of ITIL Service Transition, 2011 edition)
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink