VINE VOICEon 17 December 2011
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I wanted to read this book because I am responsible for a charity's Twitter account. While I have mastered the basics - tweeting, retweeting, use of hashtags, etc - I wasn't sure whether I was getting the most out of Twitter. This book has shown me several areas in which I can improve.

Twitter for Good contains a mix of practical advice and case studies, aimed at helping you improve the world one tweet at a time. It was the former that I found most useful. I don't know how many practical lessons I can take away from the extended case studies, but they do make for interesting reading. I'd also question the legitimacy of including a fictional case study, though the author is transparent about this ruse.

What I found useful was the way in which this book divided Twitter accounts into three styles: a) organisational, b) personalised and c) fundraising. Once you know which category your account falls into it's easier to keep the style of your tweets consistent. The importance of monitoring is also emphasised. I particularly liked the quantitative and qualitative ways the author suggests to measure your success.

I'd recommend this book to people who have mastered the basics of Twitter and who want to take things further. It's also good for anyone who is interested in the phenomena of Twitter and the influence it has in the world. The author is Head of Corporate Social Innovation and Philanthropy at Twitter, so just don't expect a warts and all expose.
What's this?