on 10 October 2009
For a long time I had a copy of the original review of this album from "Sounds"(remember that)which gave this album one star and had a very fetching photo of Kevin Haskins.
And here we are 30 odd years later with another one star review!I'm amazed that the funny little band that saw me through the last couple of years of school have become so lionised (particulary by our American cousins).You can't knock this album as it sounded like nothing else then and holds up well even today.
Like the Beatles(!) a remaster has been a long time coming but let's hope it sounds better than ever.
I dare you !!!!
Update
Having had the original cd for years out of sentimentality I bought this for the extra bits and bobs and because I'm a sad old thing but was pleasantly surprised that the remastering has returned the sheer power to the tracks that I had forgotten completely,it now sounds almost like a different record(showing my ae there!).
Buy it now.
Lovely box by the way which seems to have been assembled by small children in a craftwork class.
22 Comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?