on 10 December 2013
I desperately wanted to love this book, I love Fry and looked forward to reading it. Sadly, I found the humour boring and pretentious and never shocking. I couldn't warm to any of the characters: I agree with another reviewer ithat consequently I then just didnt care what happened to them. I found the italicised chapters, which punctuate the main chapters, almost unreadable. The only thing I liked about them was the idea of dehumanising characters and referring to them by their clothes.

Fry knows he's being pretentious and I'm sure this is supposed to be part of the charm of the book but it just left me bored and battling through chapters to get to the end and mainly to try and see the point of the awful italicised chapters. I lost the book about 2/3 of the way through and am not going to try and look for it.

Target market: horny, gay, teenage, public school boy borders with excellent vocabularies.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details