TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 24, 2014
No Ordinary Bloke, Mary Whitney
Review from jeannie zelos book reviews
This novel is a perfect example how subjective reading tastes are. It’s a well written, well thought out, lots to like ( David’s Britishisms...as a Brit myself they were great and made a huge change from the all American phrases we usually get!!) but...it just didn’t gel with me. Somehow I felt as though I was always waiting for something to happen, waiting, waiting, waiting, and then – oh, its over. I liked David, his humour was great, though of course his arrogance was a fault but it made his falling in love with Allison very much more delicious, a secret revenge for all the girls that have pined after him without a look. I didn’t like the way everyone but Allison knew about Trey – in fact I couldn’t see what on earth she saw in him?? And why what was so obvious to everyone else was lost to her.
So, though its a decent read, a sweet HEA romance, it isn’t one with any great actions, depth or drama, and for me it was just an OK read, and not one to keep. There's not much more to say really, except decide for yourself, it wasn’t one for me but I'm sure there will be readers that love this gentle, slow romance. I just need More. More action, more drama, more emotion..Sadly this was just An Ordinary Romance.

Stars: Three.
ARC supplied via Netgalley and publisher.
What's this?