on 22 May 2014
So I needed a knife sharpener that worked properly; one that sharpens my the SV30 steel blade on my new Leatherman Charge TTi (I had originally intended to get a much cheaper model...). Did the usual internet research and this came up again and again. A knife sharpener; that retails at about £100; even at this Amazon price, is still ludicrously expensive. No matter, it's the best and being a modern man, only the best will do - after all I can't possibly suffer the crushing embarrassment of a less-than-razor-sharp pair of nail clippers.
So a few days later (slightly vague ordering process, no tracking but arrived sooner than expected) it arrived. Open the small A4 sized package and I seem to have paid £70 for a small plastic box containing a few sticks. Oooookay…

So I stick on the DVD; ignore the cheesy advertorial style and a rather affable chap who clearly lives for sharpness soon charms you into sharpening anything from your best knife to your dogs claws; with consummate ease.
I can now do the "shave off my arm hair" trick with anything remotely resembling a blade - even my keys.

So yes it's a LOT of money but this is what you pay for owning the Top Gun elite of blade sharpeners that even a child (not recommended) could use.
0Comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?