on 8 November 2012
I bought this blu ray quite some time ago. It dazzled me then... didnt think of writing a review because I then thought I would be one of the 20 or more reviewers giving the same comments. Another reviewer here, I Giles, had already written a very fine review that echoes my views totally. At that time, I foolishly attributed my admiration for this production just because it was in blu ray and featured 2 wonderful dancers in Cojocaru and Nunez.

I have come back to reviewing this 18 months later only because I bought a recent release of Sleeping Beauty by Bolshoi featuring Zakharova in the lead and Allash as the Lilac fairy. (I have separately reviewed that one).

This production TOWERS over the much vaunted Bolshoi production I have mentioned in almost every single respect. The only plus point in the Bolshoi is perhaps the quality of precision of the corps de ballet...

If I were to choose between the two, I would choose this one.
8 people found this helpful