Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 17 May 2014
My granddaughter - three and half years old, loved it. She found it impossible to believe however that someone didn't have a mummy or a daddy to read to them and spent 5 minutes trying to convince me it couldn't possibly be true because there was also mamie, papie, tous les tontons et tatas (she was speaking in French so I couldn't understand it all but I recognised the intensity of her words and I added 'yes' and 'no' at what I guessed were appropriate points). We then had to re-enact the whole story especially the shadow coming through the window and she protected me as I was the child. Read three times the first day.

I do have one slight criticism that I would have liked pictures where every animal family was shown at the end to be reading stories to the snatchabook every night, in every bed, in every family - after all the effort he'd made to say sorry. Also we couldn't decide whether the little rabbit of Eliza was a baby rabbit or a 'doudou' (comforter).

Great book which encouraged intense speaking practice. My granddaughter can already recount the whole story - in French (although at the moment the only word she's retained in English is 'snatchabook' :)
What's this?