on 28 November 2013
So, I only had a little knowledge of Lee Hazlewood until a few months ago. When i heard about his deluxe set, I visited the Light in the Attic website to check it out. There is a little video that was made to promote the set, and after watching it, i wanted to know more. Something about Lee's voice took me way back to the 70s. There was something that was familiar. As I researched the set more, I decided that I would spring for the deluxe edition, and take a big chance.

I rec'd the set yesterday, and dug right in. It weighs a ton, and is very well built. A lot of care went into this project. Included are the songs of Lee himself, as well as the complete songs of his label, LHI. I have listened to 2 of the CDs and am downloading disc 1 of the data disc, that includes singles and albums from Lee Hazlewood Industries. Over 300 songs n this disc alone (MP3s). And to this point I am absolutely blown away. Incredible music, book, and packaging.

I highly recommend this set to those who have the interest and the time to really become immersed in Lee's and company's music. Like a time capsule, although the music really has held up well.

I love box sets, and this is the set of the year!
66 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?