on 9 December 2013
This gives decent sound in my TV room. I'm using it with the KEF 5005.2 speaker package in a mildly acoustically treated room (Primacoustics London 12).

I like the compact size and number of HDMI inputs.

The detachable power cable gives you the opportunity to upgrade this if you believe it'll make a difference or just to customise the length.

The speaker binding posts accept banana plugs.

There is even a remote in/out connection in case you have an IR receiver elsewhere in your set up and need to keep this receiver out of line-of-sight.

There are lots of configuration options to satisfy all but the most demanding users - just have a look at the user manual (available on the Marantz site).

The iPhone app works pretty well too. I use it to navigate the Spotify functionality as well as to adjust surround modes (until I get them added to my universal remote).

The auto setup (Audessy) does a pretty good job of measuring the room acoustics. Advanced users can use the built in Equaliser manually too if they prefer.

You can charge phones and tablets using the front USB.

Lack of Wifi doesn't bother me because I have a hub in my TV console connected to powerline ethernet.

The only negative I can think of at this price...

The remote is a bit plasticky but I use a universal remote anyway.
2 people found this helpful