on 7 October 2011
I have to admit right at the start that I'm already biased because I'm a huge fan of the films of William Castle. Out of all the films I saw as a kid the ones that made the biggest impression on me were the Hammer films, Harryhausen films, Universal Horrors and those of William Castle. The House On Haunted Hill and The Tingler were two of the most scary films I'd ever seen as a 10 year old and I have the fondest memories of these and other Castle films. So when I saw this book on Amazon I had to get it.
John W Law does a great job of giving us an insight into the Castle, the man himself and also gives a synopsis of each of his films and discusses the reaction by the public and critics at time of release. It's obviously a very well researched book. Thoroughly enjoyable for a fan like me. My only criticism is that I've never come across so many spelling mistakes in one book. A quick spellcheck or proof read would have helped immensely. However, this didn't spoil the book for me and it was just a minor irritation.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink