on 22 May 2013
I got this mainly to upgrade my existing ADSL/WiFi router (I'm with BT internet) and most importantly for its USB connection so I could connect my printer to my home network to share between various PCs.
The setup was fine/ straightforward with regard to ADSL/Internet/WiFi.... but then I went to get my printer involved- it is a Canon Pixma iP4700- not exactly ancient/outdated & works perfectly via USB on a PC. It simply doesn't show up on the router/ network nor is it recognised by the printer setup software supplied by TP Link. I have upgraded the router firmware already. No joy.
Further investigation/inquiry reveals that there is a 'compatibility list' on TP Link's website of printers it will work with - including a good selection of Canon products- but not the iP4700!!
This is completely ridiculous & I am fuming.
Beware!
If anyone finds a solution/workaround then do share it!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink