Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now pd pd Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Learn more Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 23 September 2015
It is not often that I give books five stars, I always feel like that will limit my ability to at some point properly show appreciation for truly amazing books...and of course every committed reader will come across that handful of five star worthy books!

This book fits right into that handful.

I was recommended it on my holidays in Greece by a Greek friend, who told me to read it because it is witty and relatable, and she was indeed right.

There were tears and awkward laughing out loud on trains and I didn't even feel bad about it. Anyone who has a problem with my book induced public outbursts of emotion can bugger off.

The point is, 100 days of solitude was brilliant and made me...as well as my friend who recommended the book, feel like we are not insane!

I could use these fancy book review terms: Thought-provoking! An emotional roller coaster!... oh many more would apply. However, unless you read it yourself you won't know what this book could be for you.

For me, every time I sat down to read it it felt as though someone shook out the madness from my head onto a big shiny table... then bit by bit organised it, made sense of it and put it away somewhere where it almost belongs.

The word 'relatable' doesn't really do the book justice, but is as close as my non-writer vocabulary will get me to what I mean.

So if for you solitude is not loneliness, ill kitties make you cry and your own thoughts baffle you, you can expect to fall in love with this book in ways similar to mine.
5 people found this helpful