on 18 October 2013
I have now had this device for around 4 weeks. I run 2 or 3 times a week, at varying paces, particularly training to improve my 10km time.

Firstly I want to mention the initial setup of the watch is pretty simple, it took around a minute. Other reviews I have read have said that the first time acquiring the GPS was around a minute but quicker there after. A point on that, dont wear the watch when trying to acquire a GPS signal. I have found that taking the watch off, putting it on the floor, whilst I stretch my legs enables the watch to pick up its signal quicker.

The watch seems to upload when it feels like it when it goes near my computer, and I can see no rhyme or reason why it isnt always immediate. Either way it happens automatically within 10 minutes or so; whilst I am cooling down.

The HR monitor is great, and a great addition to my running toolkit. That additional information is really helping make improvements, and its mostly because of the abillity to track my heart rate and the GPS at the same time that I have scored this highly. If however I didnt want the HR information, then my phone app would have sufficed.

Issues: Yesterday I tried to upload some runs I completed whilst away with work, but unfortunately one of the runs seems to have corrupted and I have lost the data. Its a shame as it was a specific heart rate zone run, and was hoping to note some improvement. I am hoping I dont see the issue again.

Summary:

Good device, with some issues, but works most of the time.

EDIT 25/03/14 The issues I had experienced has not happened since. The way I got around it was selecting the option to delete the data from the watch once its uploaded. Also a useful tip, if when you are running and the battery alerts as being low (this has happened to me a lot) it will run out invariably before you finish the run, unless you turn of the Heart Rate Monitor and backlight. I had the alert about 7km into a run, and managed to complete a further 13km by taking the actions described above to prolong the battery life. Hope that helps :) or remember to charge the battery :p
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?