on 7 June 2013
I just bought one of these to install in my new Lenovo Y500 (ordered at the same time). It's my first experience of using an SSD. As I write I'm using a laptop which absolutely flies along thanks at least in part to this device. I can't believe how quickly the laptop starts up and shuts down and applications launch in the blink of an eye. I've kept the 1TB HDD which came with the Y500 and am now using this SSD for OS & programmes and the HDD for the bulk of the data.

I noted other buyer's warnings about the firmware revision and checked mine as soon as I had installed it and before cloning over my system partition. This was purchased on 5th June 2013 and the firmware was fully up to date - version 07MH. Installation was a doddle, simply plug it in and screw it down, and yes this drive comes supplied with two of the required screws (my Y500 only needed one of them).

It's early days yet and I'm still in the process of setting up my laptop and getting my data transferred over etc, so I've not done any intensive work with it yet. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Lightroom responds with this baby to hold the catalogue. I would imagine I'll pop back to give some more impressions once I've been using this rig in anger for a little while.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink