on 3 August 2014
I have to admit I was not impressed at this being released with a redux greatest hits although have yet to listen to that part of the set the packaging is top knotch.
I bought this purely to own Ghosts of Download, I loved A Rose By Any Name the second I heard it last June and was eager to see what the rest of the album would sound like and I was very pleasantly surprised.
I had bought Curse of Blondie and Panic of Girls on their release dates Curse of Blondie only had only a few songs that stood out to me but still those songs made it a worthwhile purchase in my eyes. Panic of Girls the first 6 tracks I adored the rest I will listen to now and then but not on a regular basis. So with that In mind I was some what wary of spending £15 on this new album which was marked up purely for redux hits and a dvd which in all honesty probably wont watch, however much to my surprise Ghosts of Download was pure gold for content. The second I got home I put it in to play and not once could I find a song I would consider to be filler, all the songs have great pace and were sung wonderfully. Blondie's rendition of Relax was completely gob smacking. This is by far the best Blondie album I have heard In a very long time and I believe it is worth the money just for the album and the presentation for the rest of the items it comes with.
I only hope Blondie keep up the quality of this album in future ones it felt like they had put so much time, care and love into this album. This has made it jnto my top 2 albums of the year so far accompanied by Sophie Ellis-Bextor's Wanderlust.
I cant recommend this album highly enough for any Blondie fan and if you're not a fan yet what better way to get to know Blondie than to get this set with a Greatest Hits? My only low point is that no newer songs were included on the Greatest Hits there were definately some gems on Curse of Blondie and Panic of Girls and it would have made the Greatest Hits look a bit more unique than the other 20 odd released already but thats not a massive issue anyway.
What's this?