VINE VOICEon 9 May 2012
Samsung RF511 15.6 inch Laptop is one computer which I can honestly say that I do not have one bad thing to say about. It was so easy to set up, in fact it was just me turning it on and it did everything itself just asking me a few questions along the way, I was able to use the actual internet within minutes and the other programs which are already installed within the computer which I was very happily surprised with and it was a very unexpected bonus.
I mainly bought this computer for two particular reasons the first one mainly being processor speed which I have to say I am not disappointed in anyway as everything works sufficiently and quickly. The second reason was storage and I was once again not disappointed, where this is different from my last computer the manufacturer has divided the memory into local disk 'C' and local disk 'D' they actually ask what your preference for the memory divisions. Why I like the two divisions is that I can save particular items to each side which will keep my files into an order and also when there is so many files it will be more convenient for myself. For those that are interested local disk 'C' is 363 GB and local disk 'D' is 544 GB. The full memory capacity is 907GB though advertised as 1TB I do believe that the programs which are added by the makers take up the 93 GB. I love the actual screen as the clarity of the screen is impressive and the colours are so vivid because of the HD which makes gaming for me so much better. The sound quality is really good especially when I am watching any films onscreen; one thing I particularly liked is that I can adjust the volume by simply pressing one of three small buttons at the top right hand corner of the keyboard section.
What surprised me was the amount of bloat ware, there was quite a small amount compared to other computers which I have seen, the only things which I have noticed which are included but not really needed are Samsung Movies and emusic, the others I feel personally would be useful to my needs regarding my use of this computer.
The actual laptop outer case is well made, the buttons are very well spaced out and very comfortable to use. The space bar is just less than three and a half inches in length which for me is perfect. The total breadth of the computer is fifteen inches and is not overly heavy or bulky. It is really nice too look at and very professional looking. The one thing which I really love which is just a minor thing is having the numbers in the side of the computer, and if you hit the number lock on or off this shows on the screen immediately therefore no mistakes are made. The actual shift key is a lot smaller than my last computer which is a plus for me as when using my last computer I was forever hitting it, the 'cap lock' key is just above the shift key, roughly an inch in breadth which makes it more convenient when I am typing.
The speed for the internet to come on from total shutdown is also a matter of seconds which I just love as with my last computer I could nearly go and boil a kettle from cold to boiling and make a pot of tea before I was able to get on the internet so with this computer I am really spoiled and so happy with it. Along with the speed of this computer turning on from shutdown, is really fast and if you just put down your screen, when you lift your screen up the computer screen automatically comes back to life and within two seconds the computer comes back to life.
I am not technological minded so this review is just a few points why I love my new computer, therefore if you want techno points you will have to go elsewhere but for me this computer has everything I need and a whole lot more.
If I could give the Samsung RF511 ten stars I would do so as it is money well spent and I recommend this computer to everyone who wants speed, efficiency and power within a computer. The customer service I received from Amazon was second to none as always, I purchased my computer on the Sunday evening and it was delivered to my front door on Wednesday lunch time. I actually did a lot of research before choosing this computer and the Samsung RF511 has everything I wanted included in a computer, and I can honestly say I am extremely happy with my purchase.
53 people found this helpful