on July 28, 2008
I bought this book based on that I had read "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" which was intriguing to say the least.

I find all the culture and traditions so compelling, and "Peony in Love" delves deeper into these subjects keeping the spiritual and living world parallel as you read, allowing you to experience Peony's life from all aspects.

To tell you the truth.... I very nearly gave up on this book. As I completed Part I, I couldn't bear to start Part II. I was livid!!
I slammed it down on my bedside table, and ignored it for a few hours. But after I explained to a friend about Part I, she encouraged me to pick it back up and continue. I am very pleased I did..... it was fantastic.
What's this?