on 27 May 2014
This IS a good idea, but so far no birds have used it - I live in hope though, as it's only been hanging a couple of days or so. I think the bowl / plate bit could do with being larger , as it is very small and looks as if only Blue Tits or Sparrows could use it, and sadly I don't get any of the latter in my garden, or any of the smaller ones.
Updating in February 2015 - this most definitely DOES need a larger " dish " to screw on the bottom. I've been lucky enough to have a few smaller birds in my garden more recently, as I changed the bird seed ( fussy but adorable little things ! ) but they, like all the others got to the standing bird bath and nowhere near this. The dish is too shallow also, as with a bit of a breeze all the water slops out.
Shame - it was a good idea, but doesn't work, at least for me and " my " birds.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink