on May 22, 2006
I've only just received "Beginning GIMP, From Novice to Professional", but already I find I can't live without it. Just dipping in to a few chapters, it has answered every single question I ever asked (or didn't even know I needed to ask) about this great open-source software.

The book is full of colour examples and screen-shots. Her text is straight to the point and informative from the word go. I can't wait to read the book from cover to cover. Gimp is a great tool and I've used it a lot, but spent many frustrating evenings (and through the night) trying to complete the simplest of tasks. With Akkana Peck's book by my side, I feel confident in tacking even the most taxing graphical task.

A+ More books like this please!
0Comment| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?