TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 7 November 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've had lower back pain for the past few months and tried all the usual: painkillers and topical pain relief as well as heat belts, wraps and wheat bags. Although most of these provided temporary relief, the problem was just that: it was temporary. I was extremely keen to try the iheal device: it promises up to 30% faster healing, which sounded good to me - anything that can actually HEAL rather than just mask pain, must be good!

I've uploaded pics to show you everything you get in the box: you get a wrist strap and 48 adhesive hypoallergenic patches which I'm happy to report DIDN'T cause any kind of reaction on my skin, whatsoever (anything with a sticky back, like band-aids, usually always give me a bad reaction). The replacements are around £10-£12 for 48 patches and you can now usually find them on Amazon (which I'm pleased about as I found the Homedics website to be quite problematic) The patches are a bit pricey but you can usually get away with using the same patch for 2-3 days if you have the extra security of fitted clothing to hold the device in place. The batteries come ready-installed in the device (2x CR2025) and you can buy replacements for around £2-£3 for 12 on Amazon.

Admittedly 'Pulse Electro Magnetic Field' (PEMF) technology sounded a bit scary to me but I didn't notice anything while wearing it - no pulsing and no scary sounds being emitted from the device. There's a flashing green LED to confirm the device is on and working and that's about it. The device works in an accumulative way so you need to wear this for at least 4 hours a day (and up to 10 hours if possible). It's pretty discreet (depending on where you're wearing the device) and the adhesive patches are strong enough to stay put.

When I originally wrote this review, I had been using the device for 2 weeks and had seen an improvement: for the first time in ages, I actually felt like my lower back pain has started to improve. Everyone keeps mentioning the placebo effect and yes that's what it could be (I think it's working, therefore it's working). Admittedly I was desperate for something to help my back but at the same time I've always been a bit cynical when it comes to things promising to heal pain, whether it's a device or some kind of alternative remedy. I'm glad I tried it though and I have carried on using it intermittently, as and when needed (I've now had the device for 10 months!) Whether or not the device will work to actually heal more severe arthritic conditions, I don't know - but I do know it's helped my back. It's a bit of a pricey investment but I would recommend it to anyone to atleast give it a try - I've felt a real benefit from wearing the device for about 6 hours a day and it's a small price to pay for freedom from pain.
review imagereview imagereview image
33 Comments| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?