on 5 November 2012
I've deliberately waited several months before reviewing this cleaner because I wanted to ensure that my first impressions of it were correct. And they are. Unlike previous vacs I have owned, this Dyson has retained its suction power and using it is a pleasure. All the accessories are attached to it and after use, you can decrease the length of the telescopic hose and attach it to the body of the machine for easy storage. It works so well that it has managed to restore the pile of one of our carpets!
Though I was a bit reluctant to shell out over £200 for this vac, I now consider it money well spent. Vaccing the whole of the house takes about half the time it used to do and the results are much superior. I cannot recommend this cleaner too much. Superb!
I've now owned this vac for six months and in that time I have discovered several minor 'design faults'. Though the suction is powerful, it will not pick up single fibres or single (human) hairs from the carpet, unless you remove the cleaning head and just use the end of the hose. The holder for the two cleaning attachments needs redesigning as the longer one
falls off all the time. The holder to 'store' the hose etc when not in use (which is attached to the body of the machine) is inadequate for the weight of the hose and handle. They just fall off. Other than these faults, I am still very happy with it.
What's this?