on July 24, 2009
I contracted chicken pox at the age of 41 which left me badly scarred. My whole body was covered in purple splodges and I had a lot of unsightly scarring on my face. I was devastated and it dented my confidence considerably. I sought medical help and whilst receiving treatment for my skin, I thought I would try Bio-Oil as an overall body/facial treatment.
I'd been using it on and off on my face before I contracted chicken pox as I liked the smell and it made my skin feel really smooth and plump, but for the scarring (post chicken pox) I found it wasn't as good as I hoped and didn't really shift any of the marks.
It certainly helped to soften my skin, but on my face the oil seemed to aggravate things and caused large painful cysts to appear due to the film left on the skin after applying! I wasn't happy, so stopped using it pronto!
It's still on my shelf, but I only use it as an ocasional body treatment and on my hands, as I found it's brilliant for strengthening your finger nails (if rubbed into cuticles regularly.
For marks/pigmentation, I found Decleor Prolagene gel a far more effective product.
11 comment| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?