10 October 2013
The Course in Miracles is a deeply profound set of teaching based on the theme of Forgiveness. It aims to set us free from fear; free from fear of the future, free from fear of other people and above all free from fear of God.

It is mainly a set of 365 lessons (one per day for the year) plus the text which helps create an understanding of the lessons. As for myself, I did not read the text for the first couple of years. I just keep working through the lessons and repeating them. When I eventually read the text I laughed with delight at how it turns things around and sets things to rights.

Some may not be keen on the Shakespearean style of the wording, but once you get used to it I find this adds to the power of the words. It helps take me into another way of thinking and feeling. The unusual wording helps awaken thinking outside of the usual as well.

I first came across Course in Miracles in the late 70's and have studied it again and again at different phases of my life. It has been invaluable. I bought this version as I wanted the whole thing in a compact size for traveling. I wanted a physical book so this works for me splendidly.

Course in Miracles has a somewhat Christian flavour and some might be put off by that. But I have met a number of non-Christians who have adapted to it with no problems and have gained immensely, as as it has a universal appeal.

Even so, although I have written a book about Forgiveness I avoided quoting a Course in Miracles (or the Bible, or indeed any authoritative sources) as my work is meant to be religion-neutral so that anyone can use it and adapt the exercises to their needs (religious or not).

William Fergus Martin, Author