on 17 September 2012
I must start my review by saying is that I love paranormal romances(fairy tales for grown-ups), I love quirky, strong heroines who fight back, and I love Dragons. So this book was absolutely made for me!

OK, so there are some editing mishaps, and it's not the best written book ever, but I'm so glad I stuck with it. In this two part story we are introduced to Annwyl & Fearghus, and then a prequel about Fearghus's parents (Rhiannon & Bercelak). It also sets the opening for the world of the Dragon Kin. All I can say is that is does get better & better. [Spoiler Alert]

You don't have to read this story to get a good grounding of the Dragon Kin stories that are to follow, but it does a lovely job of "setting the scene". G A Aiken has created a world full of crazy humans and dragons- who just happen to like transforming into humans. The stories are all about the irritating things your family drive you to. It's also about how life gets in the way of other plans. The surreal behaviour of the heroes & heroines is extreme, but it's also very funny. I laughed, cringed and had to stop reading when on crowded trains & aeroplanes!

Please don't read this story if your looking for "great literature". Do read it to find out about the people of an amazing new world and what makes them tick. I found them crazy, funny and I wanted to know what happened next: that's a sign of a good book for me.

G. A. Aiken / Shelly Laurenston is one of my must read authors right now. I can grantee that at some point in her writing I will be curled up with laughter, or cringing with the characters as something goes horribly wrong. After re-reading this on my Kindle I still found myself giggling at the dialogue. A really good read, that does not take itself too seriously. More please!
What's this?