on 5 October 2010
Sea, Sex & Magic! This is exactly how I would sum up this book. I really enjoyed reading Warrior, the first book in the Blades of the Rose series...but Scoundrel...ohhhh Scoundrel was just fantastic! I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that the world, the magic was already known to me, so it took me less time to get into the book. But of course, I'm lying. The real reason lies elsewhere. From the first page, I fell in love with the hero.

I LOVE Bennet Day. There, I've said it. How can I not love him? We start the book with him trying to escape a very angry husband. And all the while, Bennet jokes about it. Ben is a libertine, and I have a thing for naughty libertines *grin* (nahh he's not that bad guys don't worry). And most of all I love his sense of humor. I should stop now because seriously I could go on and on and on about how I love this hero.

There is not one page I didn't like in this book. The story is fast paced and I kept being surprised by all the things happening. This is a real adventure book, I felt like a treasure hunter on a mission. It was FAN-TA-STIC! Zoe Archer mix legends and myths with her own world, and the result is gripping. I had a very hard time closing this book.

Ahem...of course I feel I should warn you...the smex is SO HOT it'll melt you down on the spot! lol Our heroine is not a pure little virgin flower, oh no she knows how to have fun lol. The smex was very steamy, there's this one scene in a temple on an altar... O_O *sits on ice* Ok I can't tell you more but seriously this book will help you stay warm throughout the Winter. *g*

The secondary characters are worth mentioning, and it was pretty funny to see Athena and the Captain always arguing. At the end of the book we meet Catullus Grave, and I can't wait to read his book. But the next book in the series , Rebel, is not about him, it's about Astrid. So I'll have to wait a little longer to read his book. *wink*

Scoundrel is a fantastic (yes I said that 3 times already!) adventure. When I finished it, I felt like I had been sunbathing in Greece with our heroes, and roaming the seas on their boat (with the advantage of not being seasick LOL). Zoe Archer has a talent for making you feel like you really visited all those exotic countries. I can't say it enough, I can't have enough of these books.

I give Scoundrel 5 Bookies

2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details