on 18 January 2014
I had been taking a very much more expensive multi-vitamin for the past couple of years and felt that I needed a change. I found these Women's Once Daily multivitamins, which not only are a comparable formulation, but also have digestive enzymes (something I'd been wanting to try for some time)and are a fraction of the price of my former tablets. I had expected them to be huge because of the comprehensive list of ingredients, but although I have trouble swallowing very large tablets, these are considerably smaller than my last ones and very easy for me to swallow.

I am particularly relieved and grateful because for several years I have realized that I am deficient in magnesium, and despite eating foods rich in it and taking mag. tablets by mouth, I have needed to use large amounts of transdermal magnesium spray to avoid painful leg cramps in the night. Using the spray morning and evening has become a way of life, but it is really inconvenient, and I've been trying to stop using it for the past couple of years, but have only succeeded in cutting it down to half the dose I began with 4 1/2 years ago. Plus, I worried that if I am not absorbing mag. from my diet, then I may not be absorbing other important nutrients either. I have been taking these multis for two weeks and have been able, along with still taking mag. tablets, to cut down on the magnesium spray nearly completely; I am still experimenting with how many/few mag. tablets I need take to avoid the cramping, but being able to end (or at least, so far,) drastically minimize my dependency on the mag. spray is exactly what I had hoped for, and would seem to indicate a marked improvement in the level of absorption via my digestive tract.

I am so happy with these that I ordered several more bottles, in case they should suddenly be withdrawn or unavailable for some reason!
2 people found this helpful