on 6 April 2009
Well, it certainly is a desirable little object, and the cameras, despite being only 0.3mp, offer so many options for messing about with your pictures, that you almost don't need game cartridges. The new user interface is stylish and appealing, and wireless setup is as painless as you would expect from Nintendo.

However, the downloadable Opera web browser is an appalling waste of time. I tried to connect to Facebook, and got the message "out of memory, page may not display correctly", and indeed, it did not. Next I tried eBay. After a few minutes of waiting for it to load I got bored, and decided to try accessing my Googlemail. Again, "Out of memory". If this browser is good for anything, I've yet to discover what!

Then there is the music player. It certainly offers a wide variety of fun ways to mess around with your music ... if you can find a converter to get it into the AAC format the player understands. It's a bit like buying a printer and then finding that it only accepts an obscure paper size, found only in Mongolia. How difficult would it have been to include an MP3 player, or even a CD Rom with conversion software to convert your MP3s or WMAs to this obscure format??

Don't get me wrong. I love my DSi, and I'm glad I spent the money trading in my DS lite, but the browser is a waste of time, and the 'Mongolian' music file format will take a lot of getting around, hence, sadly only three stars from me.

Maybe a bit more thought could be put into usability for the DSi II?
99 Comments| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?