on 13 September 2009
A very useful device but it has a few flaws:
1. The GPS can take over ten minutes to get a fix (if it even manages at all). My GlobalSat BT-338 is much quicker.
2. Even though it is set to record points every second, it actually records every ten seconds.
3. The finish is inclined to chip and peel, especially round the face of the watch.

Although it is more convenient than lugging a PDA and bluetooth GPS receiver around with me when I go out for a walk, it is by no means a replacement for my Palm T|X. However, it is a very handy backup when the Palm's battery runs out or I leave the bluetooth receiver at home.

I also feel that better use could be made of the barometer. The ambiguous "weather alarm" is little more than a random alert that seems to have no bearing on anything in real life.

I have not yet been able to drain the battery, which is one area where I am impressed (so far).
0Comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?