5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 July 2006
This review is from: Coleen Mcloughin: Brand New Body Workout [DVD] (DVD)
I LOVE this DVD. I'm not the most easily motivated person and I get bored quickly so a long, drawn out workout is no use to me. The best thing about this workout is that its broken down into several sections, each roughly 10 minutes long - three Cardio workouts, three Conditioning (press-ups, leg raises and squats + lunges), three Abdominals, and three Core conditioning. This means not only can you choose what you want to incorporate into your workout that day (if you don't want to do the whole thing in one go every time), but there's plenty of time to take a breather in between each bit (which you'll probably need, trust me!) without breaking the rhythm of the workout.

For example, I try to do the whole thing in one go once a week which takes about an hour & 15 mins. Every other day, I mix and match one or two workouts from each section, so I'm still getting a good workout but can choose what I want to focus on that day. This means it's almost impossible to get bored with working out to this DVD, so for once I'm actually managing to stick to doing it for more than just a few times!

I noticed someone mentioned that sometimes it's hard to follow, as in some sections you aren't told what you're about to do. I didn't think this was too much of a problem, as it's easy to pick up what's happening and after the first time you'll know what to expect.

I can't really fault this DVD too much. I like Coleen, but anything she says sounds a bit scripted and annoying. Her trainer, Elise Lindsay, is fantastic though.

What I will say is that it IS very tough, especially the Conditioning section. It involves counting down from 10, then 9, then 8 etc down to one which is really hard. But the counting actually helps to motivate you to get through it all. And trust me, it's worth it!

I would recommend this DVD to anyone who wants to really tone up the lower half of the body in particular, and for those who find exercise quite boring.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]