Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 2 October 2012
What would you do if you could, literally, design the 'perfect' guy; from his looks to his personality, everything? This alone drew me to this book. It is different, it is original. I had to see what is was all about.

This book gives a different perspective to the `perfect guy'. How many people get to simulate the perfect guy into the level of depth as genetics? But maybe there is no such thing. There will always be a fault into the guy you end up spending the rest of your life with. It is dealing with that fault that is the interesting parts of any relationship. A man without fault, the perfect guy, may not be so interesting. So what is perfect? When Eve is designing Adam, it really gets you thinking about all the different aspects that make us human; from our physical traits to all the nitty gritty details of our personalities.

I am a nerd. I know I am a nerd. I can happily admit I am one. Two interests in my life are science, specifically biology, and latest technology (although not at as much detail). Eve and Adam sort of tickled my fancy in each. Eve is playing around with genetics but you really do not need to know much about the topic to understand this book. Genes code for our individual traits. That's all you really need to know. I am guessing this is set in the near future. Technology is used a lot more in this book than most YA novels I have read. Many characters in YA still seem to use phones for just calls and texts which are fair enough. Here we have characters using apps. iPads are commonly used. Electric cars are also getting the go ahead. It did give a slight sci-fi edge to it but still thoroughly believable. I enjoyed this side of the world. iPads as medical charts? It could happen.

Eve is at the point in her life where she is discovering who she is. Not just all the sci-fi elements but the normal human side as well. She thinks a lot about what someone like her should be doing or what she should like. This was evident when she was designing Adam. I like the confliction she had with what she wanted and what she thinks other people would want. She grows and I liked following her.

I was very curious about Solo from the start. He is adorable. He is really smart. He has things planned out. He knows how to handle situations. However he is shy. When he meets Aislin he is uncomfortable. He doesn't know how to act around Eve. I loved that. I want more Solo.

My main niggle that I have with this book is I felt it was a little short. I had a fear at one point that there wasn't going to be a sequel. This book needs a sequel. It ends too quickly to be a one off.

Overall I enjoyed this book. I liked the setting that the characters find themselves in and how technology is incorporated into their lives. I am looking forward to next book Adam & Eve.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details