on 8 November 2013
Considering the price of this product I was very pleasantly surprised. Although the English on the packet and small instruction manual is not the best, it does not take a genius to figure out how to use it. The large battery symbol on the side is very helpful to indicate when charging and when outputting power, and to see how much charge is left, shown by pressing a button on the side when not in use. This is where my one issue comes in - I am yet to see an indication that the pack has finished charging, instead it seems as though it is necessary to disconnect the Power Bank and press the button to see the charge level.

I bought this to use with my Raspberry Pi first and foremost, which it works with wonderfully. I have tested it whilst running the camera module, streaming the footage wirelessly, and whilst doing that, the battery lasted at least 6 hours, making it perfect for setting up a portable CCTV camera. I now plan to take the Power Bank with me on day trips and holidays as I'm sure you are aware of the length of a smartphone battery these days.

A further feature that I am impressed with is the ability to be plugged in, and provide power at the same time. According to the manual, the two USB output ports can provide power simultaneously, as long as the devices don't require current exceeding 2.1A total.

Overall, very impressed.