Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 13 December 2003
I bought this book as a Christmas present for my 5- and 3-year olds. I read the reviews and thought it sounded good. I was confident it would be a nice book for them to explore a story I read and loved as a child.
Nothing I read here prepared me for the beauty it; when the parcel arrived from Amazon, I sat in amazement with this work of art, and completely lost track of time. The imagination used, not just for the illustrations but also for the way the story is told in little booklets, makes each turn of the page a delight. I cannot believe how much I underestimated the beauty of this book: when I showed it to my friends, they thought, without exception, that it must have cost at least £40.
One word of caution: I bought this for a 5-year old, but she isn't able to contain her excitement sufficiently to open and close the pages without damaging the pop-ups. It will have to be put aside until she's a little older and more capable of restraint.
If you're wavering, thinking of buying this book- DON'T! Buy it now, and keep it for years of pleasure to come.
0Comment| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.