on 6 October 2010
I have recently paid £700 on a new road bike and I am quite keen to keep hold of it! I bought this lock after a friend recommended Abus and I have to say that I am not disappointed. It has the maximum level security rating 15 overall. Thieves have many different methods of sabotaging bike security such as bolt cutting, sawing, drilling, lock picking, ice spray etc. This lock will prevent all of these as well as having anti-corrosion properties. I also have my bike insured and this lock meets the criteria for 99.9% of insurance companies. I use this lock together with the Kryptonite Kryptoflex 7 ft Cable Lock (10 mm x 213 cm) and this also deters thieves and keeps my quick release wheels secure.
The lock comes with 2 keys - one with a light and the other spare. The keys have their own uniques code card. The lock is very simple to use - simply attach the U bracket to the main body and turn the key to secure. It doesn't "snap shut" but it is not difficult to lock and this feature gives it that extra security.
The lock is heavy yes but if you want excellent security then you need to compromise. I prefer to carry my locks in my rucksack whilst riding to work but this is just my preference. It comes with a bracket to attach to the frame but I have not fitted mine.
To conclude I recommend this lock highly. For the price you will not find any better locks out there. Buy it.
0Comment| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details