on 17 February 2014
I was getting totally fed up with having a load of remotes to control my TV, HiFi, DVD and YouView box, so I decided to buy the Logitech Harmony.

The amount of equipment this remote can control is vast - it was even able to control my Denon amp which must be nearly 13 years old. Setup was fairly simple, you connect it to your PC and download the device profiles you want the remote to control. It did however take an hour or two to find yourself around the menus to fine-tune how you want the remote to behave, but all in all it was pretty simple.

Two things I would point out though. When I connected it to the Logitech site, it automatically did a software/firmware update, which was fine, but I was a little surprised that the software didn't recognise the BBC have added some new HD channels - despite these channels being on air for a few months now. This wasn't too much of an issue as I was able to programme the new HD channels into the remote. The other observation I have is that I think it would be better if all the control buttons were all grouped together, rather than having the touch panel in the middle with the buttons above and below. I think it would make sense if the touch panel was at the top and all the buttons located at the middle/bottom of the remote.

But all in all, the Harmony does the business and is recommended.
What's this?