on 24 July 2010
I've always had lots of time for the "Dummies" range of books and often buy a "Dummies" book and a more advanced book at the same when I need to learn about something quickly, but need a reference for more advanced work later on.

Well this Dummies book absolutely delivers: having taken the plunge to switch my web development to Dreamweaver, I read it pretty much cover to cover in a couple or three days and was delighted that not only was there plenty of "how to" information on DW but there was also a very decent introduction to CSS (something previously hidden from me by the old tool I used (NetObjects Fusion) and therefore quite a mystery).

I'm absolutely delighted with this purchase: the book was not only great to get me started, but I find myself referring to it frequently when I need to remember how to do something in DW. I haven't opened (haven't needed to) the more advanced book I bought at the same time as this one.

For me, with no previous experience of Dreamweaver, the book is excellent as it starts from the very beginning. For someone who is upgrading from a previous version of DW, I suspect strongly that the content will be 90% familiar and I'd recommend you find another book more suitable to your needs.
0Comment| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?