on 9 November 2012
Where would Pippa's journey end? Where would the writer take his Pilgrim? I was tempted to take a peak at the end of this un-put-downable little gem but resisted and let the author's brilliant, simple, witty style carry me on from page to page. Journey's end, for Pilgrim Pippa was a delightful surprise when I got there. In spite of the subject matter I shall buy a copy of the book for my atheist daughter's Christmas present.
I see that the author was a Spitting Image script writer and he brings that kind of humour to a story which pokes gentle fun at the kind of distractions and false trails that many of us follow in our search for 'heaven'. This is a book for all ages from 10 to 100. I loved it.
What's this?