1 February 2016
I now feel quite educated about postcards. The book reminded me of the ones my grandmother had tucked away in a drawer, beautiful old cards. I know what Joy means about it feeling intrusive reading the messages on the other side though. I'd love to see a book of postcard messages though!
This book has a really wide selection of cards that gives you a real glimpse into the past designs and styles. I recognised some of the artists too. I was pleased that the cheeky postcards of my own childhood got a mention too - these were the ones my dad scoured the racks outside shops selling buckets and spades. I always used to send ones with pictures of the place I was at on!
They are a part of all of our history and a wonderful way to look into the past. This book explores a lovely range of cards.
This is a lovely book and would make a nice gift for someone interested in postcards.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink