on 1 August 2013
I am intrigued by the fact that a 'disco' was once a place to go and meet and dance and the genre of this style of dance music was born out of this ethos. Disco became House and the rest is history. Of course 'discos' in the original sense no longer exist and have been replaced by their 21st century counterparts with their overpriced cover charges, expensive drinks, drugs and over-eager clubbers. The essence however remains the same.

In a market saturated by overtly commercial offerings and electro dubstep sound-mashes that are gratingly labeled as 'EDM' comes this breath of fresh air. It is Disco. It is House. It is funky, soulful and energetic. The 12 tracks on each disc gradually increase in tempo and impact as the CD progresses. I've listened to all of disc one and only two thrids of disc two but I got the message.

Towards the end of disc one their are some familar samples that have been rechopped and rehashed into something new and refreshing and I really got a sense of late 90s nostalgia with this. It was a good thing!

I turned down Hed Kandi Ibiza 2013 for this and I think I made the right choice. You should probably buy this.

PLUS POINT: I ordered this yesterday but I haven't actually received the CD yet, in fact as I write this it has yet to be despatched. The new 'AutoRip' feature meant I could stream this from my Android phone via Amazon Mp3 when I got home last night. I opted to listen to the full length mix mp3 files but every track in its entirety is also included. In fact if you purchase the CD you get the full MP3 version of the album that you would get if you paid £7.50 for it... for FREE. This is a concept that I have been waiting for for years and hopefully this will help to revive the industry somewhat.

Ok so Amazon aren't great, they are sucking the life out the British High-Street, they aren't contributing to our economy fully by employing 'tax-dodges' left, right and centre but if you're the poor consumer there is not many other places to turn nowadays. Its a vicious circle I'm afraid.

11 Comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?