on 7 February 2001
This book is on my suggested reading list for my university degree and because of this as with most other texts books I have to buy I thought it would be a dull read that would bore me whilst learning. Not only is this book the best text book I have come across in my studies but it is probably the easiest to read.
The book is well set out, with many diagrams charts and pictures which unlike some text books are well explained and informative. The complex ideas that Schmidt-Nielsen writes about are easy to comprehend and I believe that even a non-scientist would be able to enjoy this book. The authur allows the fascinating world of animal physiology to be accesable to all readers, as there seems to be a basic outline of the forthcoming paragraph and then Schmidt-Nielsen goes into the detail.
It is overall a well written book that keeps me entertained whilst at the same time I learn facts which I need for my course. The only problem with this book is that when reading it is very difficult to stop, so that you can put some of that learnt knowledge on to paper.
22 people found this helpful