on 6 June 2011
Well, what can I say?

I had bought the Moment of Glory CD shortly after its release and was amazed with the songs, playing, fusion of band with orchestra and the the overall quality of the production. It's a tall order to achieve all these "ticks in the boxes".
Here we are many years later and this CD still sticks in my mind as a unique offering distinct from anything else in my music collection. I had always thought that I would love to witness this performance visually if at all possible, so I was elated when I saw this DVD offering. At this price it was a no-brainer and I duly ordered it. I watched it one night when there was nothing else happening, and what could have been an un-eventful night was transformed into a trip to the stars and beyond. Not only was the performance just as good sonically as the audio CD there was the visual element that I had dreamt of. The songs and playing order are different from the audio CD so this was not just a sterile repetition of the CD, this gave it a more authentic feel I felt. I could go on more but I would highly recommend this DVD, if only just for the thrill of watching many of the senior members of the Berliner Philharmoniker Orchestra thrash their socks off.
Brilliant DVD, great guitar playing, brilliant camera work, awesome sound, truly a one off.
What's this?