VINE VOICEon 22 October 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Straight out the box the iron is almost ready to use, all you need to do is add water.
The instruction manual has a quick picture guide when you open it up, which was enough for me to figure out how to use the basic functions of the iron. The booklet does go into more detail as you read on also.
First use -
I tried the iron on a cotton t-shirt. I filled the water tank for the steam an put the iron to the correct setting. The iron does exactly as it says, it was quiet an really smooth to use. The steam button provided constant steam and it also if I wanted allowed me to iron without the steam. The t-shirt was ironed in no time.
Second use -
The iron has a boost function which provides extra steam if required. The instructions stated this could be used for very creased clothes. So I thought I would try it on a shirt that had been stuck in the back of my wardrobe and looked more like a crumbled piece of paper than a shirt!
Once the iron was heated up I pressed the boost button an sure enough the steam was visually more. The boost button worked very well on my old shirt, it wasn't long till the shirt was ironed and looking like new.
The boost button is also the vertical steam button which you can use on a suit, a dress or on a delicate garment you don't want the iron to come into contact with.
I would really recommend this iron as it is very quiet and very good at ironing clothes. The Rowenta also has an Eco mode which saves around 25% of its energy, however you can not use the boost function if using the Eco mode. As the iron states it is silent, which for most part it is, the only time you will hear a noise is when the base pumps more water to the iron, which isn't loud and the instructions does state this is normal.
After using the iron a number of different types of clothes from jeans to bed sheets, I can say with ease this is he best iron I have ever owned! I would recommend anyone to use this iron. I would give it 5 out of 5.
11 Comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?