Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 11 October 2010
Having bought a MacBook Pro earlier this year, I have taken to the laptop "chiclet" style keys that are now used on Mac keyboards, and decided I needed a similar keyboard for my desktop PC. This Cherry keyboard seemed to fit the bill.

The fact that the keys have a short travel and are so quiet makes the Cherry keyboard relaxing to use. This almost feels like a Mac keyboard in use, although it isn't manufactured to such a high quality, having a plastic body rather than aluminum. But it has a small footprint, and so fits better on my desk than my previous keyboard, being around an inch narrower. The keyboard does not have a stand, and so its tilt cannot be adjusted, which suits me but might not suit everyone.

There are five multimedia keys, which seem to work in Windows 7 64 bit without having to install extra software. The keys play and pause tracks in iTunes, and can be used to change the speaker volume. The only thing that irritates me about the keyboard is the layout of the Insert, Home, End and Delete keys, which are arranged differently from normal PC keyboards, although I am sure I will get used it in time!

So, I would recommend this keyboard, although I have to knock off one star for the awkward layout of the Home and End keys!
14 people found this helpful